Monday, April 03, 2006

Avoid using Monistat for recurrent yeast infections

Overuse of creams to treat vaginal itching.
I took Monistat 7, 3, etc., trying to get rid of my problems and Kaiser (my HMO) wasn't helping. Finally at some point I developed an allergy to it which I think may have been one of the reasons I had chronic yeast infections. I had burning and abdominal pain. A year later I took it because I couldn't afford a prescription medication at that point and had a repeat of the burning and abdominal pain. I suspect a lot of people are developing immunities to these types of medications.

I'm angry that women spend so much on a product to get their symptoms under control when they don't have a good alternative (for many people oral anti-fungals are not effective at some point).

2 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very true. I have suffered from "yeast" infections for years. I have used these same "creams" for years. I now have major flare-ups whenever I take antibiotics. After cancer surgery I was given several days of IV antibiotics. The skin from my waist to my knees developed a major fungus infection that led to my skin pealing off. It was treated with Nistatin anti-fungal ointment for several weeks when I was sent home after surgery. I no longer have the simple female "yeast" itches but major flare-ups covering large portions of my body. My husband had "oral-thrush" which spread to his esophagus and finally to his internal organs and went into his blood stream and killed him. I can't get my HMO-Kaiser to listen to me about this "yeast" health problem. The doctors that treated my husband at the time of his death said the scans of his body they took in the emergency room just several hours before his death looked like "cancer" had seeded itself throughout his body. That "cancer" that seeded itself throughout his body was in fact the "thrush" that had seeded itself throughout his body. No one at Kaiser wants to listen to me or look into this. My oncologist recently helped me with a needed breast exam and mentioned that I had "fungus" in the creases under my breast? I spoke with my husband's Kaiser urologist after his death and he told me they had just performed a complete bone scan on my husband just weeks before his death and it was "clear" of any sign of cancer. Since the death of my husband my life has been turned into a living nightmare. You may read more of the "THRIVE" threatment I have been receiving from Kaiser at http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jspr007/patricia/id55.html
Patricia, Stockton, California Kaiser Patient

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Red Storm said...

That is horrible, I'm so sorry to hear about your yeast troubles, and especially sorry about what happened to your husband. Have you sought legal advice?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home